Thursday, April 24, 2014

THURSDAY ALREADY!

a few things:
 
*my friend preston died after battling cancer. he was a super, super, super person who loved the lord, did missionary work full-time and was married with two young daughters. it makes you wonder where god is in all of this, but we all know that he has a plan. it's all up to him and it's pointless to try to figure it out. we don't know how long we have on this earth, so live the best we can so that one day we can live in heaven with jesus. i love what another friend on facebook wrote:
I'm sorry and sad that I won't get to make it to the funeral or visitation to grieve with you all. Please pass my love on to Hanna, Pierson, Paisley and the rest of Preston's family. As I've been thinking about Preston, I've been reminded of Hebrews 12:1. I feel like in many ways lots of us began running this race towards Christ together during our years at Truman. We got to keep pace together for a bit there and spur one another on. Even as we spread out it is a comfort to think of you all in the race. It seems hard to believe that our brother Preston has crossed the finish line and is no longer in the race with us. It brings the reality of the race's finish home to me. I've been really encouraged thinking about Preston in that great cloud of witnesses. He is now seeing Jesus face-to-face and I can't help but think that if he could, he would tell us "It is all worth it. Jesus is so glorious! He is who He says He is. Press on guys! Throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles and run with perseverance this race marked out for your keeping your eyes fixed on Jesus!" This thought just encouraged me this week and I hope it encourages you all.
 
*i leave for colorado tomorrow to attend my lovely sister-in-law's baby shower. i am so excited to see my brother, beth and max and jack! i wish we all lived closer. heck, i wish we all just lived in colorado. if i could move anywhere...colorado! yes!
 
*sarah is due may 22nd. she wishes i could be there now to paint the nursery and help assemble the crib. every OUNCE OF MY BEING wishes i was there right now to make her lunch, paint the nursey and put together whatever the heck she needs. if we could please live within driving distance, i would really appreciate that. let's all move to colorado?
 
* henry got in big trouble. i definitely overreacted (maybe), but i am so damn sick of picking up food off the floor. and he knows it.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment